Recognizing that Consultants are heterogeneous with respect to background, areas of specialization, and client base, the CLC designation has been designed to allow for this diversity. Certification is granted to candidates who earn 125 or more points across the areas outlined below. NOTE: Certain requirements are mandatory. In the areas below, please check boxes and attach supporting documentation as appropriate. AMT recommends that applicants follow the instructions found in the "Candidate Guide to Successful CLC (AMT) Certification" to complete this application.
1. Intent to Provide Services (30 points max.)
2. Education (10 points max.)
3. Professional Certifications (25 points max.)
4. Laboratory-related Experience (5 points)
5. Continuing Education (25 points max.)
6. Professional and Business Affiliations / State Licensure (20 points max.)
7. Professional Consulting Resources (20 points max.)
8. Professional Activities (25 points max.)
For a certification application describing the requirements in detail, please Email your request to the AMT Office.