AMT celebrates Medical Assistants Recognition Week, October 16-20, 2023. We honor the ivital work of RMAs caring for patients across world. Our members, employers, and schools should take pride in their commitment and efforts throughout the year but especially during this week.
Day in and day out, year after year, there is a group of dedicated professionals serving on the frontlines of health care. However, one week out of each year is named in appreciation of their contributions: Medical Assistants Recognition Week (MARWeek). This important event acknowledges medical assisting’s indispensable role in health care while raising awareness of the profession.
RMAs, their employers, and schools can all participate in this celebratory week full of activities and fun. Visit our website to download the special MA week logo, review the promo kit, print out social media signs, and order fun swag.
AMT encourages participation in MARWeek on our social media pages with promotional giveaway posts and featured RMA members. Tag us @americanmedtech on your own celebration posts and use the hashtag #AMTMARweek so we can see how you are celebrating and recognizing medical assistants! You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Medical Assistants Recognition Week Schedule
Celebrate RMAs all week with the following activities:
- Monday, October 16: RMA Spirit Day - Show your RMA pride by sharing photos of you and/or your colleagues with our downloadable signs. Tag us @americanmedtech or use the hashtag #AMTMARweek.
- Tuesday, October 17: Kahoot Challenge - Spread knowledge of the MA profession by testing your knowledge during our Kahoot! challenge. Random participants will be given a special MA Week prize pack.
- Wednesday, October 18: Share your RMA Story - What's your advice for the newly trained RMA? Share your story on social media and in the online community. Don't forget to tag us on social media @americanmedtech or use the hashtag #AMTMARweek.
- Thursday, October 19: RMA Connections Day - Connect with another RMA and share why it's important to have a strong network of colleagues and how AMT can help or has helped.
- Friday, October 20: RMA Awareness Day - Let your network of colleagues and friends know why RMAs are making a difference in how health care works. We will also be sharing valuable resources and blogs. Check out the story of how AMT member Jill Carlson built a rewarding career starting locally and going national.
Get Discounted CE
To help celebrate, AMT is offering 20% off select medical assistant-related continuing education courses during Medical Assistants Recognition Week! Check back on October 16 for a link to discounted courses!