AMT celebrates Medical Assistants Recognition Week, October 17-21, 2022. We honor the integral work and care that RMAs provide to patients across the country and globe. Our members, employers and schools should take pride in their hard work and efforts throughout the year but especially during this week.
Day in and day out, year after year, there is a group of dedicated professionals serving on the frontlines of health care. However, one week out of each year is named in appreciation of their contributions: Medical Assistants Recognition Week (MARWeek). This important event acknowledges medical assisting’s vital role in health care while raising awareness of the profession.
2022 is extra special for AMT, as it marks the 50th anniversary of our organization certifying RMAs! Be sure to thank an RMA for their efforts in healthcare, whether they are new to the field or have been around for 50.
AMT Executive Director, Kathy Cilia, CAE, recognizes and celebrates the accomplishments of all AMT RMA members:
RMAs, their employers, and schools can all participate in this celebratory week full of activities and fun. Visit our website to download the special MA week logo, review the promo kit, print out social media signs and order branded products.
AMT encourages participation in MARWeek on our social media pages with promotional giveaway posts and featured RMA members. Tag us @americanmedtech on your own celebration posts and use the hashtag #AMTMARweek so we can see how you are celebrating and recognizing medical assistants! You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Medical Assistants Recognition Week Schedule
Celebrate 50 years of RMAs all week with the following activities:
- Monday, October 17: RMA Spirit Day - Show your RMA pride by sharing photos of you and/or your colleagues with our downloadable signs. Tag us @americanmedtech or use the hashtag #AMTMARweek. Be sure to highlight what has changed in medical assisting in the last 50 years and/or share on social media or in the RMA online community.
- Tuesday, October 18: Kahoot Challenge - Spread knowledge of the MA profession by testing your knowledge during our Kahoot! challenge. Random participants will be given a special MA Week prize pack.
- Wednesday, October 19: Share your RMA Story - Why are you an RMA and what has made you stay in the profession - whether for 1 year or 50 years? Share your story on social media and in the online community. Don't forget to tag us on social media @americanmedtech or use the hashtag #AMTMARweek.
- Thursday, October 20: RMA Connections Day - Connect with another RMA and share why it's important to have a strong network of colleagues and how AMT can help or has helped.
- Friday, October 21: RMA Awareness Day - Share your knowledge with your network about why RMAs are a crucial part of patient care. We will also be sharing valuable resources and blogs. Don't miss RMA Board of Directors Young Observer, Kevin Sloss' blog on what the profession has taught him and how he's grown in his career path.
Get Discounted CE
To help celebrate, AMT is offering 20% off select medical assistant-related continuing education courses during Medical Assistants Recognition Week! Check out the discounted course list here. Use appeal code MAWeek2022 to receive the discount.