AMT offer a chance for students to win an award by submiting a research paper or by being nominated as an outstanding student by their school.
Student Technical Writing Award
The Technical Writing Award is for students who enjoy writing and who would like to submit a research paper pertinent to their field of study. Winners will receive cash prizes of $200 for first place; $165 for second place, and $135 for third place. All submissions must be electronically received by April 1.
Guidelines for submitting a paper include:
- Student must be currently enrolled in an accredited program leading to eligibility for AMT certification. Possible options include: Dental Assistant, Medical Assistant, Medical Administrative Specialist, Medical Laboratory Assistant, Medical Laboratory Technician, Medical Technologist, Phlebotomy Technician
- All articles MUST:
- Be written on a technical topic relating to healthcare
- Never have been published previously
- Include cover page with the title of the article, your name and contact information
- Have a minimum of 1,000 words
- Contain references
Outstanding Student Award
Nominations for the AMT Outstanding Student Award are made by the program director or instructor. The award recognizes the student who stands out above the rest, the type of student who always makes it to class, who participates in discussions, and who is always willing to go the extra mile. The Outstanding Student Award recipient will receive a $250 monetary prize and plaque. Due date for all nominations is April 1.
- The nominee must have been an enrolled student during the current school year in a program of the same category as his/her nomination.
- In the selection of the student for an award, the following areas should be considered: Academic record, extracurricular school or profession-related activities, attendance, cooperation, conduct and initiative and ability to get along with people.
- Each nominated student needs to be submitted separately. Schools can submit more than one student per program.