As a warm welcome to future AMT members, the AMT professional association invites those in training to participate in all the activities especially for students! This is a unique opportunity to network with other students, get recognized and have some fun.
As up-and-comers who are getting ready to make an impact, AMT offers you a student readiness program, virtual community, local school societies, awards, and scholarships
The AMT professional association invites students to sign up for the AMT Edge Student Readiness Program.
The AMT Edge Student Readiness Program helps students prepare for certification and career success through a set of quick, easy and fun activities with incentives. A special AMT Edge online community lets you engage with other students who are going through the same experience
Which AMT certification is right for you? Learn more typical job duties, education and training needed, and employment and salary information:
Connect with your peers who are currently sharing your journey toward becoming an allied health professional with AMT communities.
As a student, you will have access to a community specifically for allied health students by joining the AMT Edge Student Readiness Program and creating an AMT account. Also, after you submit your application, you will have access to an applicant community.
It's simple to access the AMT online communities--just login to your AMT account and click on "communities."
Your AMT Application
AMT provides resources for students who are ready to submit their application to AMT for certification, including a guide and video providing step-by-step instructions on completing your application.
AMT awards scholarships annually to members attending undergraduate/graduate programs and to high school graduates to enhance educational and competency opportunities for current and future allied health care professionals. Learn more about AMT scholarships and apply here.
- Student Technical Writing Award: This award is for students who would like to submit a research paper pertinent to their field of study. Winners receive cash awards.
- Outstanding Student Award: This award is for students who stand out above the rest, and students are nominated by their program director or instructor. Winners receive cash awards.
Learn more about student awards.
Prepare for your Exam
Students can prepare for their certification exam with resources from AMT including practice exams, exam content outlines, and reference material suggestions.
- Study resources: Practice exam, review course, exam content outline and reference materials
- AMT certification test prep and exam tips: Feel ready and confient to succeed on your certificationi exam by knowing what to expect with this short video
- Fundamentals for Medical Assistants review course: This review course includes an introduction module, five content modules (anatomy and physiology, administrative medical assisting, clinical medical assisting, clinical patient interaction, and pharmacology), and two attempts at the RMA practice exam. Each content module also contains digital flashcards, knowledge checks, a quiz, additional resources, and references.
- Exam tips from those who passed: Blog post
You can utilize the AMT Career Center to apply for jobs or post your resume free of charge!
The AMT Blog has additional resources for students including articles on How to Build the Allied Health Professional Resume for the Job You Want, and The Benefits of LinkedIn for Allied Health Professionals.