As a warm welcome to future AMT members, the AMT professional association invites those in training to participate in all the activities especially for students! This is a unique opportunity to network with other students, get recognized and have some fun.
As up-and-comers who are getting ready to make an impact, AMT offers you a student readiness program, virtual community, local school societies, awards, and scholarships
The AMT professional association invites students to sign up for the AMT Edge Student Readiness Program.
The AMT Edge Student Readiness Program helps students prepare for certification and career success through a set of quick, easy and fun activities with incentives. A special AMT Edge online community lets you engage with other students who are going through the same experience
Which AMT certification is right for you? Learn more typical job duties, education and training needed, and employment and salary information:
Connect with your peers who are currently sharing your journey toward becoming an allied health professional with AMT communities.
As a student, you will have access to a community specifically for allied health students by joining the AMT Edge Student Readiness Program and creating an AMT account. Also, after you submit your application, you will have access to an applicant community.
It's simple to access the AMT online communities--just login to your AMT account and click on "communities."
AMT encourages schools to form AMT student chapters. Student chapters can be started for any allied health program for which AMT offers certification. A student society is an excellent way for students to network, get to know one another, and to learn teambuilding and leadership skills. It also encourages students and faculty to work together on programs, meetings and special events for the community. The skills students gain from leading a society, being in charge of a fundraiser or activity, or working together in a group will be invaluable in their chosen career.
Your AMT Application
AMT provides resources for students who are ready to submit their application to AMT for certification, including a guide and video providing step-by-step instructions on completing your application.
Annual Meeting Events for Students
The AMT 2023 Annual Meeting is taking place in Norfolk, VA, July 24-28, 2023.
New AMT Student Day
AMT's first-ever student day is on Tuesday, July 25 from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. The morning event will be the Student Challenge Bowl and the afternoon will be filled with presentations on how to prepare a resume, how to interview, and other tips for success in a new allied health career. Please review all rules and details for the Student Challenge Bowl prior to registering your team. All students who wish to participate in the student day must register ahead of time and select participation activities. Click here to view the agenda.
AMT awards scholarships annually to members attending undergraduate/graduate programs and to high school graduates to enhance educational and competency opportunities for current and future allied health care professionals. Learn more about AMT scholarships and apply here.
- Student Technical Writing Award: This award is for students who would like to submit a research paper pertinent to their field of study. Winners receive cash awards.
- Outstanding Student Award: This award is for students who stand out above the rest, and students are nominated by their program director or instructor. Winners receive cash awards.
Learn more about student awards.
Prepare for your Exam
Students can prepare for their certification exam with resources from AMT including practice exams, exam content outlines, and reference material suggestions.
- Study resources: Practice exam, review course, exam content outline and reference materials
- AMT certification test prep and exam tips: Feel ready and confient to succeed on your certificationi exam by knowing what to expect with this short video
- Fundamentals for Medical Assistants review course: This review course includes an introduction module, five content modules (anatomy and physiology, administrative medical assisting, clinical medical assisting, clinical patient interaction, and pharmacology), and two attempts at the RMA practice exam. Each content module also contains digital flashcards, knowledge checks, a quiz, additional resources, and references.
- Exam tips from those who passed: Blog post
You can utilize the AMT Career Connection to apply for jobs or post your resume free of charge! For an additional fee, you can even receive career coaching, resume writing help and reference checking.
The AMT Blog has additional resources for students including articles on How to Build the Allied Health Professional Resume for the Job You Want, and The Benefits of LinkedIn for Allied Health Professionals.